Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cold and Rainy....Again!

It sure doesn't feel like Wenatchee with the weather- it is cold and rainy still here in Ukraine. Just another day in the orphanage visiting with Viktor. Peter is still sick with fever and sore throat. No more texting for us. AT&T didn't put us on the international plan like I set up before we left, so our bill is way too much and Derek is working with them to get it all figured out!!

Tatiana told us today she is working like crazy to get us to Kiev by Sept 15 and we'll have to be there for 3 days before flying home. Tuesday Sept 8 we'll obtain the birth certificates and apply for passports and pick up the boys at the orphanage!!!!!! They will spend the night with us for the first time! Derek and I thought about sending Savannah and Drew home on Sept 10, our original return date, but Derek really didn't feel comfortable doing it. So, they will remain here with me and continue to be my support.(Plus I love being with my kids) I have 2 full sets of clothes for the boys and one pair of shoes for each of them. The clothes in small shops and markets are of low quality so I didn't want to spend too much money on them but I will have to buy more as we will be here in Kharkiv for one week and a few days in Kiev. They won't be taking anything with them from orphanage, they don't own anything. We will have to bring clothes with us on Tuesday to pick them up. Some orphanages have going away parties for children, but I'm not sure if that will happen here. When we come to visit we stay out of the way and under the radar. Drew went on his cookie buying adventure across the street and Viktor now expects it! That is okay as we like to bring the boys a little something everyday. Peter asked for a tablet and pen so we brought those for the boys today. Viktor immediately started drawing. The boys are very close, which I'm very thankful. Viktor was in and out of the sick room where Peter was today. Viktor talked to Derek and he was so happy-he wasn't shy at all he took the phone and said, "Derrrek, Derrrek!(with his Russian accent-rolling of the R's)I told Viktor what to say in english and he copied me! He is getting to know more english words but it is still very hard to communicate without a translator. Yea for George our driver/translator! For any families waiting to adopt from Ukraine I would love to communicate via email or telephone! Leave your email on our blog and I will get back to you.
This is such an amazing journey that we have been on and I am humbled by God's grace to us while here in Ukraine. We have been overwhelmed by the wonderful people who have made this experience unforgettable. I pray that many would submit to the calling of adoption as there are so many precious children that need mommies and daddies here is Ukraine. Please pray for Peter to get well and the processing of our passports goes very fast!!!

Blessings,

Lana

2 comments:

  1. Lana,
    Our submission date is September 8th (next Tuesday), We've heard lately that things are going very fast and that we could expect to travel sometime the lats week of September. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    www.theWainwrightfamily.blogspot.com
    or email wainwrightadoption@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lana....so sorry I have not written till now. We are in the midst of ALOT of changes and have not been home. I just read ALL your blogs and am so excited and thankful to the Lord that He is blessing your trip! It sounds like overall you are having a great experience! Paul and I both have thought of ya'll and we will continue to pray that things go smoothly so you can get those boys home! Love Darla

    ReplyDelete