Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Cold and Rainy!!

Our visit with the boys was very good today. They are getting more comfortable around us all the time. UNO and I Spy books continue to be the games of choice! Viktor talked like crazy today using some english but mostly in Russian. When George isn't around we can still communicate a little. Across the street from the orphanage is a little shack, and I mean a shack. Two days ago we found out it was a little shop that sells cookies, ice cream, chips etc. Drew got ice cream for everyone yesterday and today Viktor said, "Andrew cookies please", so of course Drew went down to the snack shack and bought .25 cents worth of cookies which was enough for 5 people to have several cookies each. Food is very inexepensive here. When we came back after lunch Peter had spiked a fever of 102! We stayed outside (that is what we do everyday)unless it starts to rain, which today it did-it poured! Viktor said he wanted to talk to Derek, I had promised to call Derek today, so we tried and only got voicemail. Viktor left a message. It was so cute to hear him talk in english. Actually, we tried Derek at home first and Viktor talked to Luke for a minute. My mom helped Luke move from his room into the guest room! Luke's old room has bunkbeds so it will work perfect for the boys! Apparently Luke loves his new room! Thanks Mom!! Peter's fever came down with some medicine and he seemed to be doing fine, but I decided to get us out of there-I want to stay well!!

We picked up some beautiful lilies for the Director today as it was my, "Please forgive my boys." They boys took apart the squishy, stretchy spiders we brought them and proceeded to throw them on the ceiling. It is really fun because the stuff sticks to walls. They made a mess so we are banned from giving them anything. She was very happy about the floweres and gave me a hug and kiss. She personally decorated and designed this orphanage and it is very nice. I wasn't too happy with this behavior but I already have 2 other boys and just like Drew said one time, "It just looked like so much fun", after the question, "What were you thinking?" Viktor and Peter have only one more week there.

This is the timeframe for our departure:
September 5th- 10 day waiting period is over, but can't get boys until we get new birth certificates which won't happen until office is open Tuesday, Sept. 8 and apply for passports hopefully on that day. It will take at least one week for passports. Leave for Kiev after get passports and have medical exams and visit to American Embassy- all fly home!!! So please pray for passports to be ready soon as possible.

I really look forward to comments from everyone!!! They keep me uplifted and going!!

Thanks Annette,Lori, Mom and Natalie! Also, Lori thanks for having Derek and Luke over and Mom for taking care of Derek and Luke too. Love you all so much!

Lana

2 comments:

  1. Following your blog all the way from Florida. Love hearing all about the boys and your adventures. We too will be in your shoes shortly, with our submission date for September 8th. Keeping you in our prayers ~ The Wainwrights
    www.theWainwrightFamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there my friend, Lana!! What a journey!! You have been in my thoughts and prayers so often! I am thrilled to hear all is going well. I will be praying for quick prep on the passports! Love the story about the stretchy spiders - could see Drew and Dalton doing the same thing!! Dalton has been asking about Drew alot -he has really missed him! Take care and let me know if there is anything I can be doing for you here!
    Love ya, Carole

    ReplyDelete