Friday, August 21, 2009

Hello Family and Friends!

Yesterday we had to meet with the local Chief of Administration because he has to sign off on the adoption before our court date. We felt it went really well. He wanted to look up our house on Google Earth so we zoomed down on it and it was fun to see our home. I thought about all of you at home.(miss you all) He asked (through an interpreter) the kids what they thought about the boys and having new brothers. My eyes welled up with tears as Luke explained how he was excited about welcoming them into our family. It is truly amazing how the Lord gives you this ability to love others like your own!! I know Marian has told me about this but I couldn't really imagine it until I experienced it. All I can say is this is from the Lord and it is so wonderful. I am feeling more everyday like they are really part of our family and should have always been. Peter had a lot more energy today and loved playing games on Savannah's phone. He took pictures and videos. We worked on english words and wrote their names and also I brought a puzzle of the USA, they loved it!! I was so glad to see they like puzzles. My mom texted me when we were there and I was able to tell them their Grandma and Grandpa were really looking forward to meeting them. When Peter found out is was Derek's birthday he made him a card and cut out pictures for him. They really don't look like brothers, but they are. They are very happy to be back together and are always happy to see us. The orphanage is run very well. We had to spit our gum out when we were there, no gum allowed. They said we might put it under a table!! hee hee. George, our driver, acts as our interpreter. I am very thankful for him because it would be very, very difficult without his help.

Last night we went to a yummy sushi restaurant for dinner about a 30 minute walk away, like I said before, everyone walks and we are within walking distance from the main square. There is a gigantic statue of Lenin in the square. Included in the square are many restaurants, shops markets. They are readying for a festival this weekend. They celebrate, "Kharkiv Day", when they finally kicked out the Nazi's after WWII.

I can't wait to get the boys some clothes! Our friends, Lucy and Olivia said they would take me to the market and we would be able to get many things there. It is the largest market in Europe!! I love how they sell flowers and fresh fruits and veggies everywhere!

Oh, our court date was moved to Wednesday, August 26! Then we will have the 10 day waiting period. Our whole family will have to appear before the judge on that day.

Thank you all soooo much for your prayers!!!! Our Lord continues to carry us daily!!!

With much love,

Lana

2 comments:

  1. wow!!!!! thats all i can say!! i know how u feel thats how are whole family felt with samuel that It felthe was with are family forever!! i hope u guys are all doing ok i can't wait to see close up pics but wat i saw was very kewl!! lots of love to u all!! clarisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi this is clarissa again and i realised i spelled alot of things wrong including my name sorry about that!!

    ReplyDelete